1. Who Is Collecting Your Personal Data?
If you are a resident of the European Union, the section below titled “Privacy Rights for European Union Residents” includes a description of your rights and our handling of your Personal Data.
2. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
When you provide it to us, we collect information that identifies you (“Personal Data”), such as your:
- Social media handle
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Skin quiz responses
- Post-purchase survey responses
- Payment information
- Content of your email messages or consults with us
When you visit the Site, we collect data from the device or browser through which you access the Site (“Log Data”), such as:
- Your internet protocol (“IP”) address
- Browser type
- Browser version
- Statistics on your activities on the Site (such as the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at the Site)
- Information about how you came to the Site
Much of this Log Data does not identify you personally. However, we may associate this Log Data with your Personal Data. When we do, we will treat any such combined data as Personal Data until such time as it can no longer be associated with you or used to identify you.
3. What Is The Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data after receiving your explicit consent to do so during the check out process. You provide this consent by checking out and submitting your data to us.
4. How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your Personal Data for the purposes for which you provided it, including to:
- fulfill your product or service needs;
- register your online account;
- maintain our own accounts for billing and delivery;
- advise you about products, services, offers, or events that may be of interest to you; and
- provide customer service to you.
We may also use your Personal Data or Log Data to administer our internal business activities, including to:
- design and arrange the Site content and functionality in the most user-friendly manner;
- better understand customer trends and requirements and visitors to the Site;
- create non-personally identifiable data to be used for marketing;
- detect unauthorized activity on the Site;
- manage your account; and
- provide a service that is reliable, responsive, and efficient.provide a service that is reliable, responsive, and efficient.
In addition, we may use third-party services and advertising networks, such as Google Display Network or Google Analytics, that collect, monitor, and analyze Log Data to deliver online behavioural advertising that serves ads to you on our behalf on other sites throughout the Internet. We may also contract with third-party vendors to send information to customers whom we think may be interested in our products or services.
5. How Do We Share Your Personal Data?
No Sale of Personal Data
We will not sell your Personal Data to third parties, including third party advertisers. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose, transfer, or share your Personal Data with certain third parties after obtaining your consent. By checking out and submitting your Personal Data to us, you expressly consent to our sharing your Personal Data, as set forth below.
Sharing Personal Data With Affiliates, Successors, and Agents
• our parent companies, subsidiaries, and/or affiliates;
• successors who acquire your Personal Data if we sell, merge, reorganize, dissolve, or similarly change our ownership or corporate structure;
• other companies we engage to perform business-related functions, such as:
– vendors who provide services to us or our customers;
– marketing agencies;
– database service providers;
– backup and disaster recovery service providers;
– email service providers;
– payment processors;
When you are ready to check out, you will be transferred to a Third party site to complete your purchase and will be asked to provide some of your Personal Data to that third party, such as Shopify, PayPal, Amazon, or Catch. Third parties with whom we share your Personal Data maintain and use it in accordance with their own privacy and data security policies.
Sharing Data Through Social Media
We work with social media sites like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok, and Google, and with application developers who specialize in social commerce so you can connect to us, share your interests, express opinions about products and services, purchase our products, and generate interest in our products and services among members of your social networks.
Using these integrated tools enables you to share your Personal Data with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that you have established with social networking websites. If you use third party social media features available on our Site, we or the third party may collect or share your data, including your Personal Data.
If you do not want us to be able to access information about you, including Personal Data, from Third Party Sites, you must limit data collection and disclosure in the privacy settings on the Third Party Sites. We reserve the right to remove the Personal Data or other data of any person for any reason we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate.
Legally Compelled Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in our good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• comply with a legal obligation;
• protect or defend our rights, interests, or property, or that of third parties;
• prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site;
• act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public; or
• protect against legal liability.
6. What Are Your Rights About The Processing Of Your Personal Data?
You have the right to consent or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time, subject to exceptions defined by law. If you change your privacy preferences in the future, that will not limit the lawfulness of any processing performed based on your prior consent. To withdraw consent or update your preferences please click Cookie Preferences. You may have additional rights, under the laws of your jurisdiction, with which we comply.
To stop email communications from us, you can also follow the unsubscribe instructions set forth at the bottom of our promotional e-mail messages. You may also access and correct some of your Personal Data by logging into your online account, if you have one. If you choose to limit our use of your Personal Data, you may not have access to certain functionality of the Site, such as promotions, product information, or opportunities.
Privacy Rights for European Union Residents
We collect your Personal Data for the uses described above in Section 4 based on your consent, which you provide by checking out and submitting your data to us.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
• Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time.
• Access: You have the right to access a copy of your Personal Data that we hold about you.
• Accuracy: You have the right to correction of any inaccurate or out of date Personal Data.
• Portability: You have the right to our transmission of your Personal Data directly to another data controller, where possible and applicable.
• Deletion: You have the right to delete your Personal Data when we no longer need it.
• Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data, where applicable.
• Restriction: You have the right to restrict further processing of your Personal Data, where there is a dispute as to the accuracy or processing.
• Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
To exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com with the phrase “Privacy Opt-out” in the subject line and specify what you would like us to do (for example, Send me my data, Correct my data, Delete my data, Restrict use of my data, etc.).
You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in your jurisdiction if you have concerns about how we process your Personal Data.
7. How We Secure Your Personal Data
8. How Long Will We Keep Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data as long as necessary to carry out the function for which you provided it to us, including maintenance of your active or subscription account. You may close your account, unsubscribe to emails, and otherwise limit our use of your Personal Data by contacting us. However, unless you also request deletion of your personal data, we may retain it for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws. Even if we delete your Personal Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information that is placed on your web browser or device when you access and/or use the Site. Cookies store text and can later be read back by the Site or third parties. Cookies can remember the information you access on one webpage to simplify your subsequent interactions with the Site or to use the information to streamline your transactions on related webpages.
• monitor and analyze how you use the Site;
• remember your preferences to make your online experience easier and more personalized;
• route Site traffic to effectively distribute the Site workload across servers; and
• test new features.
How You Can Manage Cookies
You can manage cookies through your web browser’s option settings. You may be able to be notified when you are receiving new cookies and disable or delete cookies. Please refer to your web browser’s help section for information on whether you can and how to do this.
Many of the third party technologies that enable targeted banner advertising also allow you to opt out. You can control your preferences directly with each such third party service provider.
You can learn more about cookies at the following third-party websites:
• All About Cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
• Network Advertising Initiative:http://www.networkadvertising.org/
Note that if you disable, delete, or refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of the Site and/or some of our pages might not display properly.
Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third-parties. We do not currently respond to DNT signals. Therefore, please be advised that third party web analytics companies may collect information about your online activities over time and across our website and other online properties.
• Third Party Sites: Any data you disclosed on websites not operated or controlled by us (“Third Party Sites”), even though we may provide links to them on the Site or in our emails. We are not responsible for the policies and practices employed by, or the content of, Third Party Sites. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information about their privacy policies and practices.
• Non-Personally Identifiable Data: Any non-personally identifiable data we collect, including, without limitation, Log Data, domain names of your Internet Service Provider, your approximate geographic location, a record of your usage of the Site, the time of your usage, and aggregated personally identifiable information, but only to the extent the foregoing cannot be used to specifically identify you.
11. We Do Not Collect The Personal Data of Children
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under the age of eighteen (18), nor do we target our emails to them. Children under the age of eighteen (18) should not submit any Personal Data through the Site. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Internet and instruct them to never provide Personal Data through the Site. If you believe a child under the age of eighteen (18) may have provided Personal Data to us through the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will use reasonable efforts to delete it from the Site and our files.
12. International Privacy Laws
14. How You Can Resolve A Privacy Dispute With Us
15. How Can I Contact You?